Se Habla Español
What rights does a nursing home resident have in a lawsuit?
While a resident at a nursing home, residents are entitled to receive quality, timely medical care. Nursing homes are required by law to meet the needs of their residents. When they fail to do that, residents can seek legal remedies through a lawsuit.
When a nursing home resident files a lawsuit over negligent care or treament then may obtain the following if they are successful in their lawsuit:
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Compensation for a disability
- Compensation for disfigurement
- To be made whole through monetary compensation
- To have their property replaced (I have never heard of any lawyer filing a lawsuit over misplaced property alone. Perhaps a letter from a lawyer on this issue may be successful.)