A June 16, 2011 survey of Golden Living Center – Branson in Branson, Missouri resulted in a citation by the state of Missouri.
A June 16, 2011 survey of Golden Living Center – Branson in Branson, Missouri resulted in a citation by the state of Missouri. According to the survey facility employees failed one particular resident on multiple occasions and in several different areas:
Specifically, Golden Living Center – Branson employees:
- FAILED to transcribe an order from the resident’s physician about the treatment they were to provide for the resident’s surgical wound.
- FAILED to provide care and services that were ordered by a resident’s physician;
- FAILED to failed to provide any treatment for the resident’s surgical wounds during this three day period;
- FAILED to change the resident’s bandages for three days;
- FAILED to obtain any treatment orders for multiple other areas of skin impairment on this resident;
- FAILED to perform and/or document daily observations of the resident’s surgical wounds;
- FAILED to perform and/or documents weekly assessments of the resident’s surgical wound and other areas of skin impairment;
- FAILED to update the resident’s physician on the resident’s skin impairment for the entirety of the resident’s stay at the facility; and
- FAILED to complete a skin assessment for the physician upon the resident’s return visit.
As a Branson personal injury lawyer I have seen far too many cases of nursing home neglect that result in serious injury or death to elderly nursing home residents. Oftentimes, the nursing homes involved are facilities designated as one star facilities by Medicare. A one star facility is defined by Medicare as a “much below average” facility. As late as this writing, Golden Living Center – Branson has received the dubious distinction of beling labeled a “much below average” nursing home facility by Medicare.gov.
Sadly, Golden Living Center – Branson is also no stranger to receiving multiple citations during state investigations. In August of last year, this facility was hit with a 142 page survey that identified numerous violations.
Branson nursing home residents deserve to receive quality care. If you have a family member in a Branson area nursing home and are concerned about the care they are receiving, you should know your rights. Call an attorney experienced in nursing home negligence at 1-888-317-2525 or visit our website at www.NursingHomeJustice.com.