Individuals who operate cars on the roadways have a duty to operate their vehicles in a safe manner. When they fail to do so and cause injury to another person, you can hold them civilly liable for their actions. Violation of a traffic rule or regulation may serve as an indicator of negligence or negligence per se.

If you are injured in a car accident, a seasoned personal injury attorney can help you seek compensation for any medical expenses, lost wages, mental anguish, and emotional distress you sustain due to the accident. Contact a Franklin County car accident lawyer today in order to gain a better understanding of your right to financial recovery.

Car Accidents Resulting from Legal Negligence

Under Missouri Revised Statutes §304.351, drivers must yield the right-of-way in the following circumstances:

  • When preparing to make a left turn at an intersection
  • When approaching a yield sign
  • When preparing to proceed after a stop at a stop sign

The responsibilities of maintaining a proper lookout and taking the proper precautions to avoid an accident are incumbent upon drivers on the roadways. Individuals who fail to exercise reasonable care in the operation of their vehicles—for example, by failing to adhere to right-of-way laws—may be held responsible for their negligence.

Missouri law also contains provisions regarding the fines that individuals who violate traffic regulations may have to pay when they cause an accident. A Franklin County car crash attorney can explain how various violations of traffic law and the concept of legal negligence can contribute to car accidents and form the basis of a personal injury claim.

Potential Compensation for Franklin County Car Crashes

A multitude of injuries can result from a car wreck caused by a driver’s negligence. Soft tissue injuries, including sprains and strains of the back and neck, are common, and more severe injuries such as traumatic brain injury and damage to the spinal cord may also occur. Whether you suffer a laceration, a broken bone, a spinal cord injury or a traumatic brain injury due to another person’s careless actions, your right to a legal remedy is the same.

Compensation may vary based on the medical expenses and other losses associated with a claim. The documentation of injuries in medical records may also affect the value of your personal injury claim. For this reason, but primarily for the sake of your own health, you should always pursue immediate medical care and make sure you comply with any recommended course of follow-up treatment after a car accident.

Reasonable and necessary medical treatment that is appropriate for the injuries you sustained is always worthwhile, and your ensuing medical bills may be compensated through a successful civil suit. A car accident lawyer in Franklin County can provide further clarification regarding the ways in which the value and merits of your personal injury claim may be assessed and the steps which should be taken in your particular case.

Speak with a Franklin County Car Accident Attorney

The purpose of compensatory damages is to make you whole again, and while no amount of money can erase the physical pain, emotional distress, and inconvenience that a careless driver caused, it may help alleviate the burden of medical bills and other expenditures flowing from the car accident they caused. Fortunately, there is a legal process by which you may achieve this outcome in your case.

Do not rely on the at-fault driver’s insurance company to protect your interests, because their job is to ensure that you receive a little compensation for your claim as possible. It is imperative that you retain an experienced Franklin County car accident lawyer to represent you and be on your side. A skilled car crash lawyer will make your life easier by talking to the at-fault driver’s insurance company for you and assist you in gathering the necessary evidence to support your personal injury claim so they can pursue maximum compensation for your damages. and. Call us today to schedule a consultation and get started on your case.

Call (314) 878-9797 to request a free consultation!